Learn the basic concepts, tools, and functions that you will need to build beautiful and modern websites using HTML5 & CSS3.
Build a strong foundation in HTML and CSS with this tutorial for beginners.
- Code in HTML
- Code in CSS
- Understand the CSS Box Model
- Combine CSS and HTML to create a beautiful modern website
A Powerful Skill at Your Fingertips
Learning the fundamentals of HTML5 & CSS3 puts a powerful and very useful tool at your fingertips. HTML & CSS are free, easy to learn, has excellent documentation, and is the base for all things on the web.
When I am asked: Where should I start if I want to learn to program? My response is always HTML and CSS. Have you ever wanted to dive further into WordPress themes? Have you ever wanted to create a beautiful HTML email? Or maybe you just want to be able to design websites. This course is the place to start.
Content and Overview
Suitable for beginning programmers, through this course of 56 lectures and 6 hours of content, you’ll start by downloading a text editor and coding in HTML. Random lectures have specific “challenges” sprinkled in.
After creating some basic web pages and learning about HTML syntax we will go over the differences and changes in HTML 5. (Today’s standard)
With the basics of HTML established, we will begin to dive into the world of cascading style sheets.(CSS) We can supercharge our learning by tackling both at the same time.
Finally, we take the course into “project mode.” We will go step by step, line by line, and code our own modern and beautiful website using CSS3 and HTML5.
This course was created to establish a foundation in programming by learning HTML5 and CSS3. These are the building blocks of all websites.
This course is targeted toward teaching everyday people to code, not just computer science majors.
Sounds too good to be true? Give me 5 minutes of your time to explain why I built this Web Development course and what is different here from thousands of other courses all over the internet:
- I update the course every month to make sure you learn the most up-to-date skills! There is no wasted time here. We won’t be using outdated technologies like PHP, WordPress and JQuery. Although still useful, outdated technologies like the above are low-paying and demands for them are decreasing. In this course, you will learn the specific technologies that are the most in-demand in the industry right now. These include tools and technologies used by the biggest tech companies like Google, Facebook, Instagram, etc… It is geared specifically for people that want to learn employable skills in 2022.
- After finishing this course, you will be able to apply for developer roles, get a promotion, or upgrade your job title as a developer and earn a higher salary. We won’t be taking any shortcuts in this course. You are going to go from absolute zero: where you learn how the internet works. To mastery: where you build an image recognition app using a Machine Learning API (a subset of Artificial Intelligence) and all the other modern technologies that we learn in the course. Most students have commented how the projects in this course have impressed their interviewers and allowed them to get an offer.
- I have built large-scale applications, and have managed teams of developers. I am not an online marketer or a salesman, but a software developer who has worked directly with these technologies. I love programming and believe that there needs to be a course out there that actually teaches valuable real-life skills (because most of them are taught by teachers with no work experience).
- Your time is valuable and you don’t want to spend thousands of dollars on a Bootcamp. You want a course that outlines the best way to become a Web Developer, in simple and well explained terms, so that you fully understand topics instead of watching somebody on your screen and having no clue what is going on. I have taken the best pieces, tools, and practices that I have found over the years, and condensed everything into this course. 50 hours of videos doesn’t mean much if the instructor isn’t engaging or focuses on outdated topics. I made sure that everything covered in this course is efficient and focuses on getting you job ready as soon as possible!
- We have a thriving online chat community so you really feel like you are part of a classroom and not just watching videos by yourself. You will have a chance to communicate with fellow students, work on group projects together, and contribute to open source projects. Anytime you have a question, you can ask in many locations and get help right away (including from myself).
- The course is designed to give you employable skills so you can get a job. Here is what one student recently wrote after taking the course and being hired right away:
- After taking this course, I immediately got catapulted back to where I was before, but better equipped and with the knowledge to take on the next job. I had just finished the React section when I went to a recent interview, and it really helped me excel. As of today, I am officially re-employed back in the field, and it is all thanks to this course. I had a blast creating the final project, and FINALLY got around to learning SQL statements, and getting to use them in a project. I’m really ecstatic that Andrei went with teaching relational databases over something like MongoDB, which can also be fun, but is less practical for use on the job. I really enjoyed the course and will be making sure to share it with others who find it helpful. I’m also looking forward to the new ES10 content that was recently added, and going through the DB stuff again when I go to build a personal project.
Think of this course like a Web Developer Bootcamp. By the end, you will be comfortable using the below skills and you will be able to put them on your resume:
- Responsive Design
- CSS Grid
- Bootstrap 5
- DOM Manipulation
- Command Line
- Scalable Infrastructure
- Production and Deployment
You will be taken through online videos and exercises where you will be able to do the following things by the end:
- Build real complex applications and websites
- Build an image recognition app so you can add it to your portfolio
- Go into a job interview confident that you understand the fundamental building blocks of web development and the developer trends in 2022
- Be able to go off on your own and grow your skills as a developer, having built a solid foundation
- Learn how frontend, servers, and databases communicate and how they all fit together in the eco system
- Build your own startup landing page
- Go off and work remotely by being a freelance developer that can bid on projects
This course is the accumulation of all of my years working in the industry, learning, and teaching. There is so much information out there, so many opinions, and so many ways of doing things, that unless you have spent the last few years working with these technologies in a company, you will never fully understand. So this course is the answer to that exact problem for you: How to gain experience when you need experience to get hired? I have gone through thousands of coding books, online tutorials, and bootcamps. Throughout the years I have taken notes on what has worked and what hasn’t, and I have created this course to narrow down the most efficient way to learn with the most relevant information.
I am 100% confident that you won’t find a course like this out there. We’re not going to be building simple todo applications and cat image sliders. We are going to learn actual practical skills that will put you into the workforce.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for those who want to launch a Freelance Web Design career.
- Those who are looking to reboot their work life and try a new profession that is fun, rewarding, and highly in-demand.
- From absolute beginner to a seasoned developer
- You want to learn to code and build websites and web apps
- You are looking to start a career in Web Development
- You know HTML and CSS but want to expand your skills and do more
- You want to start your own business or become a freelancer
- You want to learn REAL industry skills that are necessary in 2022 to get hired as a web developer and earn a higher salary
- You want one course to teach you everything in one place from a senior developer that works in the industry.
- 4 Sections
- 23 Lessons
- 0 Quizzes
- 60h 50m Duration
The Roles Of HTML & CSS In Web Development
Getting Setup With Visual Studio/Sublime Code Editors
Overview of Web Design
Overview of HTML & CSS
Doctype & Basic Layout
Divs & Spans, Classes & Ids
ID's and Classes Code
Block & Inline Level Elements
Meta Tags & Search Engines
Headings, Paragraphs & Typography
HTML5 Semantics Solution & Wrap Up
nth-child Pseudo Selectors
before & after Pseudo Selectors
CSS Variables (Custom Properties)
Grid Basics & Columns
Create Live Project & Work On Client Side